Cottons Trading Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data privacy and complying with data protection principles and provisions under applicable laws.
Personal information we collect
We may collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us while using this Website and information about how you use this Website including when you open your user account (‘User Account’), visit this Website or make purchases for any intended product or Service.
- Opening Your User Account: When you open with us a User Account or amend any information of your User Account, we may collect your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, username, password and telephone number.
- Making Purchases:
- When you visit this Website, make purchases for any intended products or service, we may collect and process certain information (which may contain your Personal Information or may contain non-personally identifiable information but nevertheless linked to your Personal Information) including but not limited to those set out below: Copies of correspondence (whether by e-mail, instant or personal messaging or otherwise) between you and us;
- Feedback on and responses to surveys conducted by Cottons relating to the Services and newsletters which may be published, circulated or distributed by Cottons;
- Information automatically collected and stored in our server or the server of our third party services provider by using or accessing to this Website (including the log-in name and password for your User Account, your computers Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser information, pages visited).
- For your payment safety and to avoid misuse of your credit card information, Cottons may ask for your credit card details and a copy of your ID to verify your purchase after payment is complete.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Personal and Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use the Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services; and
- On the basis of our legitimate interests, which are the further improvement of the Service
We use the Personal and order Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
Cottons will not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties.
We may share your Personal Information to third parties:
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- to our service providers that we use for hosting our website, for analytics, marketing, customer service, delivery of orders, payments, etc
- in the case of a sale, merger, acquisition or any corporate transaction involving our entity, your personal information may be disclosed, shared or transferred to the new controlling entity or its providers.
Storage of information
Cottons does not give any representation, warranty or undertaking that the Personal Information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and to the extent Cottons has fulfilled its obligations under no circumstances shall Cottons be responsible for any losses, damages, costs and expenses which you may suffer or incur arising from unauthorised access to or use of your Personal Information.
All payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using online encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping your chosen password confidential and not to share your password with any third party.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You may at all times access, correct or erase your Personal Information through this Website via the user portal, under “My Account” You have the right to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us by email at email@example.com
Where mandatory under applicable legislation, you may also request restriction of processing of your Personal Information or object to processing by sending your request or objection by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
When handling a data access or correction request, we have the right to check the identity of the requester to ensure that he/she is the person entitled to make the data access or correction request.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Minors (-18) need to have consent from parent/guardian to complete purchase.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Cottons Trading ltd
8-9 The Flore, Dairy Lane